Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Transit Wayfinding: Google Transit Success Story

In this day and age of on the go information, wayfinding in transit is becoming available to more people on laptops and mobile phones.  Many are quick to use programs and apps to plan their route via public transportation but don't take the time to look behind the scenes.  Here is a story about how Google partnered with a small transit agency to improve each others services and provide better accommodations to users.  The story claims page views on the site went up by 60% - just think of how this affects ridership!
Google Transit Partnership Success Story

1 comment:

  1. My first experience with the google transit is when I needed direction from Dallas to downtown Forth Worth. The app was very detailed about the rail schedules and I arrived at my destination on time. I use this app everytime I plan a trip and it has not failed me yet.

    ReplyDelete